CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Up

Yes, my first post in a long time. But I just had to write about this movie. I know what you're thinking. It was probably the same thing, along the lines of, "Oh no, another animated movie." Let me tell you though... It was AMAZING!!!

It wasn't just all cutesy and kiddy. It had more mature themes like being able to let go and life is not JUST one journey or adventure. I must say that this is one of the more touching animated movies I have ever watched. I was quite literally crying a river in the cinema. The story line was well developed and took the audiences on an emotional roller coaster ride. And ooh! I absolutely LOVED the dogs! Especially Doug the pointer dog shaking hands with the kid in the picture above.

Okay, a brief little synopsis to tempt you. Up is about a 78 year old man, Carl Fredrickson who ties balloons to his house in order to get it to Angel Falls in South America in keeping a promise to his late wife, Ellie. He is aided by Russell, a Junior Wilderness Explorer from Tribe 54, out looking to get his final badge that'll get him promoted to Senior Wilderness Explorer - Assisting the Elderly. Little does poor Russell know that the assistance Mr. Fredrickson requires goes far beyond mundane routines like crossing the road.

0 comments: